Belgium – closures of the Tijsmanstunnel tunnel
The both pipes of the Tijsmanstunnel (R2) tunnel will be closed at the end of May and the beginning of June in order to install new wall panels.
Night closures of the tunnel in the direction of Ghent:
* from 8:00 PM on Tuesday, May 24 to 5:00 AM on Wednesday, 25 May;
* from 8:00 PM on Wednesday, 25 May to to 5:00 AM on Thursday, 26 May;
* from 8:00 PM on Monday, 30 May to 5:00 AM on Tuesday, 31 May.
Night closures of the tunnel in the direction of the Netherlands:
* from 8:00 PM on Tuesday, May 31, to 5:00 AM on Wednesday, June 1;
* from 8:00 PM on Wednesday, June 1 to 5:00 AM on Thursday, June 2;
* from 8:00 PM on Thursday, June 2 to 5:00 AM on Friday, June 3.
The Tijsmanstunnel tunnel will also be closed for regular maintenance:
In the direction of Ghent:
* on the night from Monday, 13th to Tuesday, 14th of June;
* on the night from Monday, 12th to Tuesday, 13th of September;
* on the night from Monday, 14th to Tuesday, 15th of November.
In the direction of Netherlands:
* on the night from Tuesday, 14th to Wednesday, to 15th of June;
* on the night from Tuesday, 13th to Wednesday, 14th of September;
* on the night from Tuesday, 15th to Wednesday, 16th of November.
Hungary introduces night-time exemptions from the HGV driving ban during the Pentacost weekend
The Hungarian Ministry of Transport has approved night-time breaks in the driving ban for vehicles with a GVW above 7.5t during the Pentecost...
Flooding and impassable roads in northern Italy
Because of heavy rains that have hit the central part of northern Italy, many roads are impassable and closed.The list of affected areas includes the...
Catalonia: HGV restrictions on AP-7 from May 12 to October 15
Fllowing the abolition of toll charges on some motorway sections, traffic volume has significantly increased, causing difficulties for drivers leaving or...