Belgium: closure of the Kennedy Tunnel in Antwerp
The Kennedy Tunnel on the Antwerp ring road (R1) will be closed in both diurections from 00:00 to 7:00 AM on Saturday/Sunday 5/6.08 and on Saturday/Sunday 12/13.08 in order to remove defects in the high-voltage system.
Although the tunnel will be closed at nighttime, drivers can expect significant traffic disruptions, including the closure of several other nearby roads.
The list of affected roads:
• E19 from Brussels to R1 in the direction of Ghent;
• Wilrijk exit (5) to R1 in the direction of Ghent (Jan van Rijswijcklaan);
• Jan De Vostunnel (A112) from Brussels to the R1 in the direction of Ghent;
• Jan Devoslei (N186) and the Kiel connecting road (14) on Kolonel Silvertopstraat (N148) with the Bolivar Tunnel / the R1 in the direction of Ghent;
• the junction from the Bolivar Tunnel to the R1 in the direction of Ghent;
• E17 in the direction of Antwerp from the Antwerp-West junction;
• E34 with the R1 towards Antwerp.