An HGV driving ban in Italy connected with a holiday driving ban in Austria
A driving ban for vehicles with a MAM of more than 7.5 ton will be in effect on October 26 from 00:00 to 20:00 PM on the northbound section of the A22 motorway from Vipiteno to the Austrian border.
The reason for the ban is a holiday driving ban in Austria, which is in effect on October 26, which is the National Day.
The ban does not apply to vehicles used for the following purposes:
• transports of slaughter cattle or livestock,
• supplies of beverages to tourist areas,
• urgent repairs of cooling systems, towing services, roadside assistance,
• road maintenance,
• vehicles used by public security services, fire brigades, for garbage collection, waste disposal
• vehicles used by companies providing regular scheduled passenger transport services, as well as army trucks and agricultural machinery used for journeys that cannot be postponed;
• journeys in combined road-rail freight transport, which can be confimed by providing a parking space reservation containing information about the vehicle registration number, the journey date and time of the reserved train.