France: additional traffic restrictions in Aquitaine during the G7 summit in Biarritz
In connection with this year\’s G7 summit, which will be held in Biarritz on August 24-26, a number of changes affecting road traffic have been planned.
They include the abolition of the general driving ban for vehicles over 7.5 tonnes on Sunday, August 25, from 00:00 to 8:00am, on A63, on the route France-Spain, from the Saint-Geours-de-Maremme junction (A63 / RD824) to Biriatou.
• On Saturday, August 24, an additional summer driving ban on the A63 between Biriatou and the Saint-Geours-de Maremme junction (A63 / RD824) in both directions will be extended until 8:00 pm
• On Monday, August 26, the following types of vehicles are prohibited from driving between 11:00am and 6:00pm: heavy goods vehicles with a DMC of over 19 tonnes and vehicles carrying dangerous goods of class 1 as defined in section 2.2.1 of Annex A, Part I of the ADR (EXPLOSIVE MATERIALS). The ban will apply on the following routes:
– On the A63 motorway, between Biriatou and the Saint-Geours-de-Maremme junction (A63 / RD824) in both traffic directions.
– on the RN134, from the southern exit of the Urdos agglomeration (PR109 + 389) at the intersection of Forges de Abel (PR115 + 457) and in RN1134 from the Forges de Abel junction (PR116 + 000) in the Somport tunnel (PR119 + 920), in both directions
• On Monday, August 26, the movement of vehicles transporting dangerous goods or special loads is also prohibited on the following routes:
– on the A63 motorway, between Biriatou and the Saint-Geours-de-Maremme junction (A63 / RD824) in both traffic directions.
– on RN134, from the southern exit from the Urdos agglomeration (PR109 + 389) at the intersection of Forges de Abel (PR115 + 457) and in RN1134 from the Forges de Abel junction (PR116 + 000) in the Somport tunnel (PR119 + 920), in both directions.
– on RD934, between Pourtalet (PR58 + 460) and node RD934 / RD431 (PR48 + 690) in the town of Laruns, in both directions.
Hungary introduces night-time exemptions from the HGV driving ban during the Pentacost weekend
The Hungarian Ministry of Transport has approved night-time breaks in the driving ban for vehicles with a GVW above 7.5t during the Pentecost...
Flooding and impassable roads in northern Italy
Because of heavy rains that have hit the central part of northern Italy, many roads are impassable and closed.The list of affected areas includes the...
Catalonia: HGV restrictions on AP-7 from May 12 to October 15
Fllowing the abolition of toll charges on some motorway sections, traffic volume has significantly increased, causing difficulties for drivers leaving or...