A complete night closure of the A7 from 12 to 13 August
In April 2023, DEGES completed the construction of the new K 30 embankment.
Currently, works related to the final phase of the construction are underway. These involve removing makeshift structures, including the central crossing in the transition to the K 20 embankment and the auxiliary embankment on the western side of the A 7 motorway, but also the restoration of service and rescue roads along the K 30 embankment.
For this reason it will be necessary to reorganize traffic on this motorway section again.
The re-organisation of traffic and the activation of new traffic management software in the Elbe Tunnel will be implemented during the complete night closure of the A7 motorway over the coming weekend.
After the closure is over, traffic will continue along three southbound lanes. One lane will run through the fourth tunnel tube and two lanes will run through the third tunnel tube. This traffic organization will probably be maintained until April 2024.
During the night closure of the A7 motorway from 10:00 PM on Saturday, August 12, to 9:00 on Sunday, August 13, the following traffic restrictions will apply:
• closure of the northbound carriageway between the HH-Heimfeld (32) and HH-Volkspark (27) junctions
• closure of the the southbound carriageway between the HH-Volkspark (27) and HH-Waltershof (30) junctions
• closures of exit roads at the HH-Volkspark (27), HH-Bahrenfeld (28), HH-Othmarschen (29), HH-Waltershof (30) and HH-Heimfeld (32) junctions starting from 9:00 PM on Friday, August 12.
From 9:00 PM on Saturday, August 8, to 5:00 on Saturday, August 19:
• closure of the slip lane on the southbound motorway at the HH-Othmarschen junction (29)
• Alternatively, drivers can take the slip road to the southbound carriageway at the HH-Bahrenfeld (28) junction. There are information boards along the route.
Because traffic through the Elbe Tunnel is to be maintained until April 2024, drivers are generally advised to bypass the slip road to the southbound carriageway at the HH-Othmarschen (29) junction and use the HH-Bahrenfeld (28) or HH – Volkspark (27) junctions instead!
Diversions and alternative routes:
During the complete closure through traffic from the north and south is diverted along the A1, A21 and B205.
In addition to this diversion, the following alternative route is recommended for drivers heading to destinationss west of Hamburg:
• from A 23 Pinneberg Nord via Westring – L103 to Altonaer Chaussee / Luruper Hauptstraße and from there to the final destination
Depending on your destination, diversions in the city center start from the HH-Stellingen (26), HH-Volkspark (27) and HH-Heimfeld (32) junctions:
• drivers going in the direction of Hanover should follow the signs “Elbbrücken” at the HH-Stellingen junction (26) via the B4 to the A1 and A7
• Drivers heading to Hamburg East/Centre can go from the HH-Stellingen junction (26) towards the airport via Koppelstraße, Julius-Vossler-Straße and to Siemersplatz, and from there towards the centre.
• or take Osterfeldstrasse to the B5 in the direction of East Hamburg
• or further from Vogt-Wells-Strasse to Elbbrücken (A255 / A1)
• Drivers heading south to Altona-West should follow the mandatory U33 diversion at the HH-Volkspark junction (27) and turn left at the Schnackenburg / Binsbarg junction towards Altona
• traffic in the direction of Flensburg follows the mandatory U7 diversion at the HH-Heimfeld junction (32);
• From the Elbe bridges, first take the B75 and B5 towards the airport or City Nord, and from Siemersplatz continue along the B4 to the HH-Stellingen (26) junction or B447 to the HH-Schnelsen (24) junction;
• Traffic from Hanover can take the obligatory U21 diversion towards the port from the HH-Heimfeld junction (32).
Drivers from the north are also advised to avoid the closed section of the A7 motorway:
Drivers heading to the city center can:
• get to the HH-Schnelsen-Nord junction (23) via the airport bypass B432 and B433 and Alsterkrugchaussee
• from the HH-Schnelsen junction (24) via the B447 Schleswiger Damm, Friedrich-Ebert-Straße, Kollaustraße
Make sure you check the best diversion route depending on your destination, before starting your journey.