Romania introduces additional driving bans in response to a heatwave
The bans apply to vehicles with a GVW of over 7.5 t on sections of national roads in selected districts.
he ban is in effect between July 25 and 26 from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on sections of national roads in the districts of Teleorman, Dambovita, Arges, Prahova, Giurgiu, Ilfov, Olt, Dolj, Mehedinti, Gorj, Valcea, Arad, Timis, Caras-Severin, Bacau, Vaslui Vrancea, Galati, Buzău, Brăila, Constanța, Tulcza, Ialomița and Calarasi.
The ban does not apply to:
• passenger transport;
• transport of live animals and perishable products of animal and vegetable origin;
• vehicles involved in emergency operations;
• funeral transports;
• postal transports;
• transport of first aid equipment;
• fuel distribution;
• transport of goods in controlled temperature;
• vehicles towing damaged vehicles;
• transports of water and food to disaster-stricken areas;
• transport of sanitary equipment in the construction industry by specialized vehicles used;
• transports of bottled water;
• transports of farm products;
• military transports taking part in multinational exercises.