Malhowice-Niżankowice border crossing: rules for the clearance of empty lorries
Border checks will be carried out 24/7 in both directions using temporary infrastructure located on both the Polish and Ukrainian sides.
Starting from 7:00 AM on 13 February unladen lorries with a GVW above 7.5 tonnes can be cleared to cross the Polish-Ukrainian border at the facility in Malhowice-Niżankowice, which is still under construction. The new border crossing will help to shorten waiting times for border clearance.
The possibility of border clearance does not apply to the following types of vehicles”
• with a GVW below 7.5 tons,
• used for transporting dangerous goods (ADR),
• used for transporting livestock (after disinfection),
• vehicles transporting abnormal loads without a permit,
• carrying surplus fuel in tanks of vehicles and refrigerated containers,
• transporting returnable packaging, excluding packaging that is part of the vehicle’s equipment,
• transporting goods for which an oral customs declaration is permitted in accordance with Article 135, item 1, lit. b) through d) and item 2 of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/2446 of 28 July 2015 supplementing Regulation (EU) No 952/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards detailed rules for certain provisions of the Union Customs Code (OJ EU Office L No. 343 of December 29, 2015, page 1, as amended),
• vehicles transporting goods for which an oral declaration for export is permitted in accordance with Art. 137 point 1 lit. b) through g) and point 2 of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/2446.