Additional bans in Austria
153th Ordinance of the Federal Minister for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology, with which a driving ban for trucks is imposed on certain roads (driving ban calendar 2022)
By virtue of Section 42 (5) of the 1960 Road Traffic Act, BGBl. No. 159/1960, last amended by BGBl. I No. 154/2021, the following is enacted:
§ 1. The movement of lorries or articulated vehicles with a maximum permissible total weight of more than 7.5 t and lorries with trailers, where the combined maximum permissible weight of both vehicles exceeds 7.5 t is prohibited
1. on April 15 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., on April 16 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., on April 25 between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. and on June 2, between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. along the A 12 motorway in the Inn valley and the A 13 motorway in the Brenner Pass if the destination of the journey is located in Italy or in a country that has to be reached via Italy;
2. on all Saturdays from July 2, up to and including August 27 between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. if the destination of the journey is located in Italy or in a country that has to be reached via Italy and on April 15 and October 3 from midnight to 10 p.m. and on all Saturdays from July 2, to August 27, between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. if the destination of the journey is located in Germany or in a country that has to be reached via Germany, along the A 12 motorway in the Inn valley and the A 13 motorway in the Brenner Pass;
3. on all Saturdays from July 2 up to and including August 27, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. outside built-up areas in both directions on the
a) Loferer Straße B 178 from Lofer to Wörgl;
b) Ennstalstraße B 320 starting at road kilometer 4, 500;
c) Seefelder Straße B 177;
d) Fernpassstraße B 179 from Nassereith to Biberwier;
e) Achensee Straße B 181;
4. on all Saturdays from July 2, up to and including August 27 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the A 4 motorway from the Schwechat junction to the Nickelsdorf state border in both directions, with the exception of terminating and originating traffic to and from the districts of Neusiedl am See, Eisenstadt, Eisenstadt area, Rust, Mattersburg, Bruck an der Leitha, Gänserndorf and Korneuburg.
§ 2.(1) The following journeys are exempt from the driving bans mentioned in § 1 items 1, 2, 3 and 4:
1. Transports of slaughter cattle or livestock, mail items and periodicals, supplies of drinks to tourist areas, urgent deliveries to petrol stations, catering establishments and events or repairs of cooling systems, towing services, roadside assistance, assistance in emergencies, medical care, the use of vehicles by road maintenance companies or to maintain road traffic, in road or rail construction, the use of vehicles by public security services, fire brigades, the use of vehicles for garbage collection, waste disposal, to maintain the operation of water treatment plants or the use of vehicles by companies providing regular services, as well as journeys of vehicles used by travelling carnivals (Section 2 (1) Z 42 KFG 1967), incl. teams of lighting and sound engineers travelling to and from the venue, journeys according to § 42 para. 3a StVO, urgent journeys involving lorries, articulated vehicles or trucks with trailers used by the Austrian armed forces or foreign troops staying in Austria by virtue of the Troop Residence Act, BGBI I No. 57/2001, or humanitarian aid transports performed by recognized organizations;
2. Journeys performed exclusively to transport goods to or from airports (Section 64 of the Aviation Act) or military airfields that are used for civil aviation purposes in accordance with Section 62 (3) of the Aviation Act;
3. Journeys involving combined rail-road freight transport from the consignor to the nearest technically suitable loading station or from the closest technically suitable unloading station to the recipient and back to the next loading station, provided that a fully completed document can be presented showing that the vehicle or its superstructures (swap bodies, containers) are to be transported by rail or have already been transported; this applies mutatis mutandis to combined water-road freight transport;
4. Journeys with destinations in Italy or via Italy if they are made along the A 12 motorway in the Inn valley or the A 13 motorway in the Brenner Pass during the period specified in § 1 Items 1 or 2 and which can be credibly shown to be exempt from driving bans that apply in Italy;
5. Journeys with destinations in Germany or via Germany if they are made along the A 12 motorway in the Inn valley or the A 13 motorway in the Brenner Pas during the period specified in § 1 Items 1 or 2 and which can be credibly shown to be exempt from driving bans that apply in Germany.
(2) The driving bans mentioned in § 1 items 3 and 4 do not apply to empty runs performed until 10 a.m. to the driver’s place of residence, company headquarters, freight terminal, truck yard, the vehicle’s permanent location or the place from which the driver can return using public transport or a company car.
§3. Regulations that impose other driving bans remain unaffected.